SnapStream Cloud's User Configuration is pre-loaded with six user groups that represent typical types of users. Here's an explanation of each group.
- Administrators: All permissions enabled
- Basic Schedulers: Can watch recordings and Live TV, schedule recordings, and perform other tasks that will not interfere with the activities of other users. They cannot change recording priorities or delete recordings.
- Live TV Viewers: Can watch Live TV, recordings, and perform other non-interfering tasks, but cannot schedule recordings.
- Pre-Recorded Viewers: Can watch recordings and perform non-interfering tasks, but cannot watch Live TV or schedule recordings.
- Schedulers: Can perform most tasks, including changing recording priorities and deleting recordings. They cannot administer server settings, Email alerts, post-processes, or user accounts.
- TV Boxes: This is a specialty group for set top boxes.
The permissions settings of these groups can be changed by clicking the edit button to the right of the group's name.