I'd like to be notified if a cable box is powered off and SnapStream is recording No Signal. How do I go about doing this?
SnapStream Encoders can detect if there is a low bitrate signal coming into the capture cards. You can enable a setting that will allow the system to email you if this condition occurs:
- Log on to your SnapStream Encoder.
- Navigate to Settings=>Misc.
- Ensure the setting "Enable Low Bitrate Warnings" is On.
- Navigate to Settings=>Streams
- For each stream you want to be notified of, click the Edit button, turn On the "send Low Bitrate Warnings" setting, and click Save.
- Navigate to Settings=>E-mail
- Turn On the "Warning E-mail Notifications"
- In the "Warning E-mail To" field, enter the email addresses that should receive the notification
- Provide the desired email address in the "Warning E-mail From" field.
- If you'd like to test out the email, you can click the Send Test Email button.
- Click Save.
It's possible there may be false positives which could cause unnecessary or noisy notifications. Please use your discretion if you prefer to disable or discuss with SnapStream Support.
Applies to Version:
SnapStream 9.1 and above