The SnapStream System has a variety of different format profiles available to use for the different file formats that it can transcode/showsqueeze to. How can you get an estimate on file size reduction when transocding/showsqueezing using these different quality profiles?
The SnapStream WebUI provides an easy way to view this by following the steps below.
- Sign into the SnapStream WebUI, and use the Library page to select/check off one or more recordings that you would like to transcode/showsqueeze.
- Click the More Actions button at the top and select ShowSqueeze.
- Select the Target File Format, and Target Quality drop down box.
NOTE: Target Quality uses Format Profiles that have been configured in the Admin Settings section of the WebUI. You can event create your own Format Profiles by following the instructions here.
- Here you can view the Target Quality Bitrate of the Target Quality that you have chosen, the Total Size of the Originals that you selected to transcode, and the estimated size of the transcoded/showsqueezed version that you have selected.
- Information on the default Format Profiles that come built in to SnapStream can be found here: Transcoding Format Profiles .
- We do not allow you to edit these default format profiles, but you can make a copy of them and edit the copied version to adjust different attributes of the profile and give that copied version a new name. Instructions for doing that can be found here: Create your own Format Profile on a SnapStream 4-Channel Encoder .
NOTE: These instructions are for a 4ch SnapStream encoder, but the steps remain the same using the SnapStream WebUI of our other products.
Applies to Version: