You may have noticed that the SnapStream Schedule tab lists off many different types of recording jobs. This will go over what those different recording job types mean. Recording Jobs in SnapStream can be broken down to two main types: Manual Recording Jobs and Guide Based Recording Jobs.
Manual Recording Jobs
This type of job is dependent on someone manually entering the details needed to make the recordings (title, channel, start and end times, frequency, etc.), and are not depended on program guide data in any way.
NOTE: You can schedule these types of recording jobs by right-clicking the intended channel in the Guide tab of SnapStream WebUI or by using the Schedule tab of the WebUI.
These types of recording jobs will vary based on the frequency that you set them to record.
Examples of the Manual Recording Job types are below.
- Manual Once
- Manual Daily
- Manual Weekdays
- Manual Weekly
- Block 24x7 (Create a 24x7 Manual Recording): This type of recording job will record a specified channel 24x7 and break those recordings up into blocks according to the block size you specify.
See How to Create Manual Recording Jobs for more information.
Program Guide Based Recording Jobs
This type of job is dependent on the program guide data that is periodically updated on the SnapStream system. This program guide data is what SnapStream will use to determine the name of the recording that it makes, and when those recordings will start and end. Examples of the types of Program Guide Based recording jobs are below.
- Guide Once (Record this Episode): Schedules this episode to record.
- Guide All (Record All Episodes): Schedules all episodes of this show.
- Guide New (Record All New Episodes): Schedules recordings of only episodes marked as NEW in the Program Guide.
NOTE: Some local news programming will not be captured using this type of recording job since each new episode is not labelled as NEW in the program guide. Each episode may have an original air date of the first time they went on the air.
- Guide Timeslot (Record All Episodes at this Time): Schedule recordings when it appears at this time in the Program guide. This is especially useful to local news programming that airs daily at a certain time.
- Guide 24x7 (Record Everything on this channel): Schedules all shows to record on this channel.
- Time Based Guide (Create Scheduled Guide): Record Everything on this channel starting and ending at the times you specify. For example: You can set CNN to record every program between the hours of 6:00 am and 8:00 pm every day. All of these recordings will automatically be titled according to how they appear in the program guide.
NOTE: Setting up this type of Recording job requires you to right-click on the name of the channel in the Program Guide.