What network settings are needed to configurat SnapStream to work correctly on my network?
The SnapStream software uses the following ports for normal operation:
- Ports 80 (HTTP) or 443 (HTTPS): The SnapStream Web Interface can be hosted as non-SSL (80) and/or SSL (443). Integrated tuning will also communicate via HTTP or HTTPS (depending on configuration). The system administrator can choose to disable port 80 through the Microsoft IIS Administration Tool on the SnapStream Server.
- Port (TCP) 1935: For some other encoders using RTMP (such as Osprey Talon encoders, used with SDI sources), outgoing port 1935 will be used. Note that as of SnapStream 9.1, SnapStream encoders can communicate with the SnapStream server with RTMP if so configured.
- Ports (TCP) 9090-9093: Used for communication between SnapStream Cluster Nodes.
- Port (TCP) 9190: Used for programs written around the SnapStream API such as integrated tuning authentication, the Link Client Software, the Windows/Mac Web Players, and the DVD Burn Plugin.
- Port (TCP) 9999: Used for file access communication on both nodes and clients.
Note: If using a TCP stream from SnapStream encoder to the Server, the port depends on how it is configured for each stream.
- In order for Cloud Sharing to work, the server will need to be able to access Guide Data and send data via HTTPS to the IPs labeled "us-east-1" here: https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json
- More information about AWS IP ranges can be found here: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/aws-ip-ranges.html
- We will also need access to the following specific IP addresses.
- Cloud Sharing emails (and other emails sent by SnapStream) come from 184.108.40.206 (o1.ptr7702.snapstream.com).
In order for the server to download program guide data, it must have access to port 443 on the following websites:
- snapstream.net (220.127.116.11)
- wsdl.snapstream.net (18.104.22.168)
- partners.snapstream.net (22.214.171.124)
- snapstream.com (126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52)
Please note that these IP addresses are subject to change without notice. For this reason, we strongly recommend whitelisting the DNS name rather than the IP address.
SnapStream Set-Top Boxes
SnapStream Set-Top Boxes will require access to the following:
- Port 443 on stb.snapstream.net
- Ports 9190, 443, and 80 on your SnapStream server
- NTP servers (1.android.pool.ntp.org, 2.android.pool.ntp.org, 3.android.pool.ntp.org)
- SnapStream Registration site: https://stb.snapstream.net/ on the server and STB. (Instructions to perform this test on the STB can be found here)
Social media uploads to Twitter, Facebook and YouTube will require access to the corresponding domain.
Some other non-essential software features (such as exporting to Amazon or Google Cloud Storage) may require access to specific websites. Please contact SnapStream Support for more information if you are using these features.
Domain and DNS
Some software features, including LDAP integration and the use of a UNC path as a video folder, require your SnapStream to be added to the domain.
We recommend creating a DNS entry for your SnapStream that is available to clients. This step improves playback performance.
Support Remote Access
In some case, it may be useful for SnapStream to access your system remotely. It is suggested to allow the LogMeIn URLs to ensure that a connection to all components of LogMeIn is permissible. The client-to-host connection uses peer-to-peer connections, encrypted within a 256-bit AES tunnel. The services themselves communicate using port 443 (HTTPS/SSL), so no additional ports need to be opened within a firewall.
Please note that this also includes sub-domains for these domains, so it is advisable to use wildcard rules wherever possible when you whitelist or block any LogMeIn service on your network. Looking for IP ranges? LogMeIn's IP ranges change regularly. For best results, please whitelist the URLs shown above.
LMI Relay addresses
- ASH - relay01-01.logmein.com [184.108.40.206]
- LA - relay02-01.logmein.com [220.127.116.11]
- USIL - relay04-01.logmein.com [18.104.22.168]
- UK - relay03-01.logmein.com [22.214.171.124]
Other remote access utilities may be used according to your preferences and security needs. Please note that remote access by SnapStream support is NOT a requirement for the system to work.