How do I create a debug log with Debugview?
Instructions for creating a detailed 'Debug View' LOG file to aid in the troubleshooting process are as follows:
- Download DebugView from the following link: http://download.snapstream.com.s3.amazonaws.com/support/Utilities/Dbgview.exe
- Shut down all non-essential Windows programs and processes.
- Run DebugView.
- IMPORTANT: Ensure that "Clock Time" from the "Options" menu has a checkmark next to it. If not, click it to mark the LOG with timestamps.
- Ensure that "Capture Win32" in the "Capture" menu has a checkmark next to it. If not, click it to begin capturing.
- From the "File" menu, select "Log To File" to save the Debug Log output as a text file.
- Recreate the problem that you are experiencing.
- The log file will appear in same directory as Debugview.