How to give each of your USB-UIRT's a different Name.
USB-UIRT's all have a default name of USB-UIRT. In order for our software to be able to tell each USB-UIRT apart, you will need to give each one a unique name (USB-UIRT, USB-UIRT-2, USB-UIRT-3, etc...). This article will show you how to burn a unique name into each of your USB-UIRT's.
NOTE: If you purchased a SnapStream Server that came with IR blasting, this process has already been done for you.
- Label each of your USB-UIRT's.
EXAMPLE: USB-UIRT, USB-UIRT-2, USB-UIRT-3, USB-UIRT-4, USB-UIRT-5.
- Connect the USB-UIRT labeled "USB-UIRT-2" to an available USB port, and install the driver if you are prompted.
If you are using one of our servers with Windows 2008 R2 Installed, you can find the driver here:
If you are using Windows XP, you can download the driver here: XP driver for USB-UIRT.
- Now run the USB-UIRT Naming Utility (UURename.exe). Make sure that only a single USB-UIRT is connected. The naming process can only be done one USB-UIRT at a time.
Windows 2008 R2 users will find this utility here:
You can also download this utility here: UURename.exe.
Running the naming utility will bring up a command prompt windows. The first thing it will do is find the USB-UIRT and identify it's current name. In the screenshot above you will see the existing name in the Identity field.
You will then see the following prompt: Would you like to rename this device [Y/N]?
Hit the letter "Y" on your keyboard.
You will then see the following prompt: Enter USB-UIRT Number <2,3,4,5,6,7,8>:
Hit the number "2" on your keyboard followed by the enter key.
NOTE: If you would like to test to make sure it was named correctly, you will need to disconnect and reconnect the USB-UIRT before running UURename.exe again in order to verify it's identity.
- Disconnect USB-UIRT-2, and connect USB-UIRT-3. Make sure that only a single USB-UIRT is connected.
- Repeat step 3 to name this UIRT according to the label. Continue steps 3 and 4 until all USB-UIRT's have had their respective names burned into them.
Once all of the USB-UIRT's have had their names burned into them, you can connect them all to the server at the same time.