This article describes how your IR blasting hardware should be connected.
Connecting your IR Blasting Hardware.
- Connect all of your USB-UIRTs to the server. A powered USB Hub will be supplied if there are not enough ports on the server.
- Connect a stereo to mono adapter to the back of each USB-UIRT.
NOTE: The most common issue with IR blasting is the stereo to mono adapter not being seated fully into the jack at the back of the USB-UIRT.
- Plug a blink emitter into each side of the stereo to mono adapter. The gold port on the adapter will be zone 1, and the silver port on the adapter will be zone 2.
- Peel off the paper at the bottom of the blink emitter IR bulb. This will reveal a sticky adhesive on the bottom that you can use to stick the bulb on your set-top box. NOTE: for best results, we recommend sticking the bulb next to, but not directly on top of, the IR sensor.
- NOTE: Some set-top boxes have transparent plastic over the IR sensor. This can make it difficult to see the IR sensor. A bright flashlight can be used to help identify where the IR sensor is on the front of the set-top box.
- Address IR signal bleed concerns: If you have multiple set-top boxes right next to each other, sometimes the signal coming from blink emitter bulb 1 controlling set-top box 1 will bleed over to the sensor of set-top box 2. This results in unreliable channel changing. We suggest that you cover each IR bulb with thick tape in order to prevent this kind of signal bleed over.