How to backup your MS SQL 2008 database.
It is highly recommended that Enterprise TV 5 users periodically backup the MS SQL 2008 database. This database holds all of your Enterprise TV configuration settings, and recording jobs.
NOTE: If you are using Enterprise TV 5 in a clustering configuration, it is only necessary to backup the database that resides on the Master Node.
- Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 > SQL Server Management Studio
- NOTE: You must be signed in to the server as a system administrator in order to connect here.
- Click the plus next to Databases, and right-click "SnapStreamTV". Go to Tasks > Backup.
- When the Backup Database Windows comes up, specify the destination of where you want your backup to go.
NOTE: You can remove the default path and add a different one by using the add and remove buttons at the bottom of the screen. When adding a new path, make sure to add the .bak extension to the filename.
- Click OK, and the backup will start. Once you see the message below, your backup is complete.