How to download guide data from SnapStream.net to a zip file, then upload it to a SnapStream server that does not have internet access.
Enterprise TV versions 5.4.2 and later include a process for loading guide data to SnapStream servers that are not on the internet; this involves a separate Guide Data Downloader app that can be used from a non-SnapStream computer, and an upload feature in the Web Interface.
I. Using the Guide Data Downloader app.
Note: Make sure the computer you are using has up-to-date antivirus software and has recently been scanned.
- A valid server CD / product key. (Do not use a client key)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 must be installed on your computer.
- A virus-free USB flash drive, or other removable media.
- Download GuideDataDownloader.zip and extract the contents to your desktop.
- Open the GuideDataDownloader folder and launch GuideDataDownloader.exe.
- Enter your server CD / product key.
- Click Download and select the GuideDataDownloader folder on your desktop.
- Wait for the progress indicator to show Guide Data Download Complete.
- There should now be a guidedata-mm-dd-yyyy.zip folder in the GuideDataDownloader directory. Copy the zip file to to a USB flash drive or other removable media.
II. Using the Guide Data Upload feature.
Note: Uploading guide data wipes your existing guide data, and replaces it with the updated guide data in the zip file. Any new lineups you’ve created on SnapStream.Net will need to be associated with a tuner before their guide data will appear in the Program Guide.
- Insert the flash drive with your guide data into a computer that has access to the SnapStream Web Interface.
- Uploading the guide data requires your SnapStream account to have administrator privileges.
- Log into the Web Interface, click on Admin at the top and then on Program Guide in the left menu.
- Click the Upload Guide Data button, then the Choose File button.
- Choose the guidedata-mm-dd-yyyy.zip file on your USB flash drive or removable media.
- Your upload will automatically start and if you look at the top of the page, there will be status updates and it will say Upload Complete once it is done.
- If you haven't added any new lineups to your guide data, you may skip to step 11. Otherwise, continue with step 7 to associate your tuners with lineups by clicking on Tuners in the left menu.
- Edit each tuner, select the desired lineup next to Channel Lineup and click Save at the bottom.
- Once you have done this for all the tuners, click on the check box to the left of Priority and then More Actions - Disable Tuners.
- After they are disabled (highlighted in red), reselect the tuners and then click More Actions - Enable Tuners.
- Now click on Program Guide in the left menu, uncheck Automatic Updates and click Save at the bottom.
- Click on Program Guide at the top of the page and verify your guide data.
If you need further assistance, please continue to submit a ticket to technical support.