Description: In order to use some SnapStream features, it may be necessary to configure the software to run as a specific user on the domain, rather than as the default system account. Changing this Run As setting requires some extra steps in order for the software to work correctly.
- Stop the SnapStream Broker Service.
- Open the Service Management console (Control Panel=> Administrative Tools=> Services)
- Locate the SnapStream Broker service. Right-click and select Properties.
- Select the Run As tab and enter the username and password for the account under which the service should run.
- Download the ServiceAccountFixer utility.
- Run from a command line with this syntax: serviceaccountfixer.exe <domain>\<user>
If you want to change back to the default account, run as follows:
ServiceAccountFixer "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM"
- Start the SnapStream Broker service and confirm that you are able to log in to the web interface.