Description: In order to use LDAP integration reliably, our software (SnapStream Broker Service) should run as a user on the domain. In Enterprise TV 5.5 and later, changing this run as setting requires some extra steps in order for our software to function.
- If the system is running version 5.5, write down all of the settings in our software listed under Local Settings (changing the service Run As account will require you to re-enter these settings). NOTE: In 5.5.1 and above, this step won't be necessary.
- Stop the SnapStream Broker Service.
- Change the Run As setting for the service.
- Download the ServiceAccountFixer utility.
- Run from a command line with this syntax: serviceaccountfixer.exe <domain>\<user>
- If you want to change back to the default account, run like so:
- Start the broker and re-enter Local Settings if necessary.
- You can now adjust the Security Settings in our software as necessary.