Yes and no. SnapStream does have a software component that allows you to do a wide variety of things:
- Record TV and develop an archive
- Search your recorded content
- Create clips from recorded content and share the in the cloud
- Receive TV alerts when certain words or phrases are mentioned
- Stream recorded or live TV
However, none of this would be possible without SnapStream’s hardware component, which is similar to a server and is available in both standard and high-definition. This hardware is capable of recording anywhere from 4 to 10 channels simultaneously and allows you to develop a TV archive with more than 34,000 hours. SnapStream’s clustering technology makes it easy to scale your setup: you can add additional storage as needed. The hardware and software work together to provide a streamlined TV monitoring solution
Learn more about clustering.