Issue: The SnapStream WebUI becomes inaccessible after running a Windows 10 version update. This can affect SnapStream Express/Pro systems and SnapStream Encoders.
Cause: This happens when Windows update moves the IISExpress config files that our Web Interface needs to run (they end up being put in the windows.old directory). When this happens, no one will be able to connect to the SnapStream Web Interface on that Windows 10 machine, and the system will not have the path below anymore.
Resolution: Perform the steps below
- Copy all of the IIS configuration XML files from the path below.
C:\Program Files (x86)\IIS Express\config\templates\PersonalWebServer
- Put a copy of these IIS configuration XML files in the paths below.
NOTE: You will need to recreate these folder paths on the system if they don't exist.
- Go to Windows Services (Start > Run: services.msc), and stop the SnapStream IIS Express Wrapper Service.
- Download and re-install IIS 10 Express (iisexpress_amd64_en-US.msi) on the system.
- Got to Windows Services (Start > Run: services.msc), and start the SnapStream IIS Express Wrapper Service.
- Stopping the SnapStream IIS Express Wrapper Service before re-installing IIS Express should prevent you from having to restart the System, but if the WebUI still doesn't work, please reboot before trying again.