How do I set up email notifications to be alerted about SnapStream problems? Sometimes SnapStream needs to tell you if something is wrong. It's highly recommended that administrators of SnapStream setup warning emails so they can be notified of any problems that may arise.
To setup warning notifications (in version 9.4 and below), perform the following steps:
- Log in as a user with administrator rights.
- Browse to Admin -> Settings -> E-mail.
- Toggle the slider for "Warning E-mail Notifications" to ON.
- In the "Warning E-Mail To" field, type in the email addresses of recipients. Hit Enter after each one to move onto the next.
- In the "Warning E-Mail From" field, use an address that you'll easily recognize. Our mail server will spoof this address as the from address.
- If you'd like to send a test email, click the button at the bottom of the page, and enter To/From addresses.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- If you're setting this up on a clustered system, you'll only have to do so on the master node. All other nodes report to the master, so their warnings will be issued by the master.
- If you have SnapStream Encoders and would like to receive warning e-mails from the Encoders themselves, you'll need to configure each individual Encoder to send warning e-mails.
- As of SnapStream version 9.5, this functionality has changed to use the Notify system.
Applies to Version:
9.4 and below