Sometimes SnapStream needs to tell you if something is wrong. It's highly recommended that administrators of SnapStream setup warning emails so they can be notified of any problems that may arise.
To setup warning emails you'll need to login as an administrator.
- Browse to Admin > E-mail
- Toggle the slider for Warning E-mail Notifications to ON.
- In the Warning E-Mail to field, type in addresses of recipients. Hit Enter after each one to move onto he next.
- In the Warning E-Mail from field, use an address that you'll easily recognize. Our mail server will spoof this address as the from address.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
To send a test email, click the button at the bottom of the page, and enter To/From addresses. Contact SnapStream Support if you have any problems with this.
- If you're setting this up on a clustered system, you'll only have to do so on the master node. All other nodes report to the master, so their warnings will be issued by the master.
- If you have SnapStream Encoders, and would like to receive warning e-mails from the Encoders themselves, you'll need to configure each individual Encoder to send warning e-mails.