Since SnapStream can now record H.264 Transport Streams, we have the option to automatically remux those recordings to H.264 MP4 when the recording finishes.
There are two different ways to do this automatically.
1) Turn on the Switch in our software by following the instructions below.
- Browse to the SnapStream Server's Interface, and go to Admin (at the top of the page) > Recordings (under settings on the left).
- Then set the option, "Automatically Convert H.264 TS Recordings to MP4" to On.
- Then click the Save button.
This will automatically remux all of your H.264 TS recordings to H.264 (MP4) when recordings finish. However, the original H.264 TS will be destroyed in the process.
2) If you want to keep a copy of the Original H.264 TS and have a remuxed (MP4) copy at the same time, you can implement this by automated workflow instead.
- Browse to the SnapStream Server's Interface, and go to Admin (at the top of the page) > Workflows (under settings on the left).
- Click the Add New Workflow button.
- Fill out the new workflow like below, and click the Save button
The workflow above will automatically remux all of your H.264 TS recordings to H.264 (MP4) when all future recordings finish. This will also leave a copy of the original H.264 TS on your SnapStream system.
NOTE: If you want the workflow to delete the original H.264 TS recording when it is done making a remuxed copy, just add a Delete action to the bottom of your workflow.