If you would like to automatically delete infomercials, and paid programming, you can use a workflow to automate this process.
To create this workflow:
- Browse to Admin > Workflows, and click “Add New Workflow”
- Give it a name.
- Trigger condition: This can be any trigger relating to recordings including: recording finished, days after recording finished, run at specific time, run with frequency, or hours after recording finished.
- If your trigger condition requires a time constraint, you'll need to enter it in the field below.
- Do not check "Process Whole Library" unless you want the workflow to retroactively delete old library items. Doing so will only affect items specified by our filters in steps 6-8, and can also fill your task queue, causing a backlog of tasks. This can affect your ability to process tasks such as clipping, sharing, etc.
- Click the arrow next to Filter disabled to enable filtering.
- Click the “Select a Filter to add” dropdown menu, and select “From Category.”
- Click the category menu, and select “Shopping”
- Click the “Add New Filter Group” button, and repeat steps 6-8. Specify “Consumer” in the category field. Note: You can filter several categories, but remember, these actions in this workflow will apply to all categories specified.
- Under “Actions to Perform” click “Delete”
- Click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page.
Once you've completed workflow creation, your workflow should look something like this.