Should I change the default credentials on my SnapStream Server?
This is a great question and hats off to you for being security minded! Yes, absolutely you should change the default administrative password. This is especially critical if you are considering opening up your SnapStream Server to be public facing on the internet!
Here is how to do this easily:
- Navigate to the WebUI of your SnapStream Server as you would normally.
- In the upper right hand corner click the "Admin" button.
- On the left hand column click the "Security" drop down.
- In the newly expanded menu click the "Users" button.
- You should see an account called "administrator" please click the pencil icon in the right hand corner to edit the administrator account.