How do I link my Social Media Account to SnapStream?
SnapStream has the ability to upload/live stream your content to Facebook/Periscope/Twitter/YouTube. In order to use these features, you will need to link your social media account(s) to SnapStream.
There are several ways to add your account(s) to SnapStream.
- Administrators Only
- Administrators can go to the SnapStream web interface and go to Admin and expand External Accounts.
- Click on Add Facebook/Periscope/Twitter/YouTube Account and you will be prompted to log into your account.
- Once you have linked your account to SnapStream, you will be shown the Edit account page where you may have a few options. Please review the options and make any changes necessary. If your YouTube account is capable of uploading longer content, you can turn that feature on. The Grant Access To permission is the setting for whom you want to give the ability to use this account in SnapStream; by default, it is set to Global meaning everyone has access to it unless you define them here.
- Once you are done, click Save.
- Users can also add their own account(s) to SnapStream. Once you are logged into the SnapStream web interface, locate the profile icon in the top right corner and click on the drop-down arrow and select Profile Settings.
- Scroll down and you will see the option for Facebook/Periscope/Twitter/YouTube Accounts. Click on Add and you will be prompted to log in to your account.
- Once you have linked your account(s) to SnapStream, it will then be displayed on the Profile Settings page. Whenever you add your account(s) here, you will be the only user capable of accessing that account.
- Note that we do support two-factor authentication (aka multi-factor authentication). If it is enabled, when adding your account, the social media authentication screen will prompt you for a code that you authenticate (with your mobile phone or otherwise).
- Facebook has the ability to upload clips and livestream.
- Periscope only has the ability to live stream.
- Twitter has the ability to upload clips.
- YouTube has the ability to upload clips and livestream.
- YouTube also requires for you to enable live streaming on their site, please reference this link to enable that option: YouTube Live Streaming
- Help File for External Accounts