How do I stream recordings and clips to YouTube Live using SnapStream?
The YouTube Live feature within SnapStream allows you to live stream previously recorded shows, clips, and even in progress recordings. Before you can start sharing via the YouTube Live feature, you first need to ensure that the desired YouTube account has been added to SnapStream.
Need help getting a YouTube account added to SnapStream? Here's an article that can help with that.
The next step in getting the YouTube live stream started would be to locate the content that you would like to live stream. This can be a previous recording, an in progress recording, or a clip. There's 2 ways that you can start live streaming the content.
Live Streaming From the Web Player
- After you have located the desired content, click on it to open it up in the web player.
- Select the YouTube icon to open the YouTube panel.
- Fill in the appropriate setting for your live stream such as the proper account and the privacy settings.
- By default SnapStream will live stream the content from the beginning. If you would like to live stream a specific segment, then set clipping points to mark the beginning and ending of your live stream.
- Click upload to start the live stream.
Live Streaming From the Library
- From the library, locate the content that you would like to live stream.
- Select the 3 dot menu to the right for the content and select the YouTube Live option.
- Fill in the appropriate parameters for your live stream.
- Click Stream to start the live stream.
YouTube requires an account to be verified before you can live stream to it. Visit https://www.youtube.com/verify for more details. Verification may take up to 24 hours to complete.
Please contact our support team if you have any additional questions.
SnapStream YouTube Social Live