To address issues with cable box recordings, such as audio issues, a green screen, no signal, or other quality problems, a simple solution is to reboot the cable box. This can help alleviate the mentioned issues and restore normal functionality.
If your encoder is configured for IR blasting with cable boxes, you can use the SnapStream Encoder WebUI to send power commands to control the cable box.
- Identify the problematic cable box by opening the recording from the Library and pressing the F2 key. This will prompt a message that associates which stream is on what tuner number.
- Log in to the SnapStream encoder using appropriate Windows credentials.
- Access the SnapStream encoder's WebUI by browsing to the "localhost/" URL.
- Navigate to the Streams tab and click the Edit icon next to the identified stream.
- Press the "Blast UIRT Commands by Digit" button.
- Toggle the power on or off using the Power button.
- Be certain of the stream and cable box you want to power cycle to avoid interrupting other recordings.
- Use the eye icon to preview what the tuner is receiving from the cable box.
Applies to Version:
Applicable to versions 9.1 and above