Issue or Problem:
Browsing to the SnapStream 1ch encoder's WebUI results in a prompt to Update the Firmware.
This can be caused by holding down the button on the front of the encoder for a minute.
- Download the Firmware here: http://download.snapstream.com/support/Drivers/YUAN_FIRMWARE.zip
- Unzip it, and use the Browse button on the encoder's WebUI to point it to the extracted firmware image you downloaded.
- Click the update button and wait for the firmware to be uploaded, updated, and applied. The encoder will reboot itself during this process.
- Re-configure the encoder using the guidance below.
- Select the Source tab, select your desired video source (HDMI in most cases)
- Select the Encoder tab and set your Resolution and Frame Rate preferences
- Select the Streaming tab
- If using TS
- Change Stream Type TS (disable Sub Streaming if TS is selected)
- If TS stream type is determined by IP entered. i.e. (192.168.1.100 i= Unicast. 126.96.36.199 = Multicast)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Start Stream
- A URL should pop up, Copy that URL into VLC to confirm it is working.
- If using RTMP
- Change the Stream Type to RTMP
- Encoder Source = Main Encoder
- RTMP URL 1 = rtmp://hostname/snapstream/
- StreamName 1 = everything after the / produced by the SS Server.
- Select Start Stream
NOTE: The Full URL will be published in the Play URL 1 Field and will be exactly what the SS server provided: rtmp://hostname/snapstream/Stream?key=GuHebmn7Dvbdv42DxgDbkKJsioBRsv2U
- If using TS
- Select the System tab
- Set desired network settings applicable to your environment
If the SnapStream Server is having problems receiving the Stream after this encoder has been rebooted, browse to the encoder's WebUI > go to the Streaming Tab, and stop the stream and start the stream again.
If you change the Video input on the Source tab (HDMI/SDI) without stopping the stream on the Streaming tab first, you may find that the Video input setting doesn't get retained when the encoder is rebooted.
Applies to Version:
SnapStream 1CH (2018) v1 encoders (Yuan encoder)