How do I test IR Blasting on my Server?
IR Blasting on your on-prem server is already set up.
Access to an Admin Account
NOTE: This article assumes that there are no recording jobs running. If you have recording jobs running, you will need to stop them in order to go through this process.
- Open up your WebUI
- Select the Admin tab and navigate to Tuners on the Left. Here you will see your tuners listed in the order that they will be used (from top to bottom).
- Disable all but the first tuner.
- Head to Guide and create a One-Time Recording job. Wait for the job the initiate.
- Head to Library and playback the newly created recording job.
- To verify IR Blasting correctly worked you can do one of the following tests below:
- 6-1. See if the channel change command was recorded in the playback. This usually happens at the beginning of a recording.
- 6-2. See if the program recorded program matches with what SnapStream says it is recording.
- 6-3. Open up a new tab and head to Admin --> Tuners
- Edit the active tuner
- Scroll down until you see the Blast UIRT Commands/Blast UIRT Commands by Digit
- Click on either button and input a channel number
- Go back to the tab playing back the video and see if the channel change command went through.
- Repeat steps 3-6 with the remaining tuners. Making sure to disable the previously enabled tuner.
If all tuners are sharing the same lineup, you do not need to recreate the recording job as the tuners you are testing should switch to the channel after enabling.
Applies to Version:
SnapStream all versions