Can multiple channels be watched live at the same time? Is picture-in-picture (PIP) supported?
Yes. SnapStream's MultiViewer feature allows you to play up to 4 TV broadcasts at a time, side by side, in the same browser window.
There are multiple ways to create a multi-view session.
From the Library:
- Click on the 4 square icon on the right side of a recording.
- Once done, click on the play icon above your Library.
- A new page should load and playback all of the recordings you have selected
From the Guide:
- Right-click on the programs you plan on adding to MultiViewer
- Select Add to MultiViewer
- Click the Play icon located at the bottom of the page
NOTE: You can also Left-click on the programs in the Guide. A pop-up window with the option to Add to MultiViewer will also appear.
You can highlight a video by clicking on it. When a video is highlighted, the audio for that video will playback.
Each media item played will have its own individual controls. But there are some added buttons on the MultiViewer page.
Pause/Play all video: Pauses and Plays all videos regardless if highlighted or not.
Sync Video Time Positions: Sync all videos to the time of your highlighted (selected) video
Sync to Time of Day: Sync all video to your current time. Useful when viewing recordings from previous days.
Sync to Live TV: Sync all video to the Live edge
Fullscreen: Play the MultiViewer in FullScreen mode.
The screenshot and Post to Social Media icons will post the info media of your highlighted video.
Applies to Version:
SnapStream 7.0 and later