How do I reimage my SnapStream Server?
Prerequisites: To reimage a SnapStream Server you will need to contact SnapStream Support and inform them of your issue. If support determines a reimaging is needed they will send you the following:
- S3 Link to the server image
- S3 Link to Acronis (used to load the server image onto the machine)
- Link to Rufus
You will also need a USB flash drive with at least 16GB. We recommend a 64GB drive just to be safe.
- On Rufus
- Open up Rufus
- Device: USB Drive
- Boot Selection: Disk or ISO image - Click the Select Dropdown and select Acronis.iso
- Partition Scheme: MBR
- Target System System: BIOS or UEFI
- Click Start
- Once done, open up the USB and copy and paste the server images (.TIB and .xml files) into the root of your USB flash drive
- Stick the USB into your server and boot to the USB.
- If done correctly, you should be booted into Acronis
- On Acronis
- At the top, head to Navigation --> Disk Management
- You should see two Disks, Disk 1 and DISK 2
- DISK 1 houses the OS. Right-click the disk and delete it's contents.
- Next, create a New Volume for DISK 1 making sure it is set as Basic MBR
- OPTIONAL: DISK 2 can be deleted BUT this location holds all your recording and clipping data. If deleted, there will be no way of retrieving that data.
- One done click COMMIT at the top.
- Once completed, close out the pop up window and navigate to Recover
- Click Browser and select your USB Flashdrive
- Click OK
- Your server image should appear at the top half of your screen along with a content breakdown on the bottom half
- Select all the content and proceed
- It will then ask to apply the contents to the disk. If it hasn't already done so, make sure all the contents are on DISK 1.
- Once all the contents are on DISK 1 commit the operation. The operation can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 45 minutes.
- After the operation has finished, close all the windows in Acronis and unplug the USB. The system should reboot automatically and boot up to your server image.
Any other pertinent information or caveats, etc.
Applies to Version:
Which product line and version of SnapStream does this apply to.