Can I lock my files to keep them from being deleted?
To prevent the system from choosing specific files for deletion, usually done automatically to create space on the storage drives, users have the ability to LOCK clips. The act of locking a clip prevents the system from automatically removing that specific item until the lock has been removed.
Setting the Lock:
1. Access the Clips page
2. Click the checkbox next to the desired file(s)
3. Select MORE ACTIONS -> LOCK ITEM
4. If done correctly, a padlock icon will appear on the file(s) selected
How can I delete a locked file?
There are a few methods by which a locked file can be deleted.
1. The most immediate and deliberate is to select the desired file and press the Delete button. Upon confirmation, the file will be deleted despite the lock in place.
2. The lock can be removed, and then the file will be subject to Expiration settings. As space is needed, the oldest, unlocked files are removed first. Removal of the lock can be done manually or via a workflow.
Example of unlocking via Workflow (Note: you can also choose to LOCK files in this manner as well)
3. A locked file can be deleted by workflow action, without unlocking the file first, so long as it meets the criteria laid out in the workflow.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Clip files will be locked by default. If you wish to disable this, please contact SnapStream Support for assistance - firstname.lastname@example.org.