What are Playlists in SnapStream and what do I use them for?
If you're a SnapStream user who often needs to "collect" files in one place for review, you may find the playlist feature available.
SnapStream playlists allow you to collate clips, and recordings into one place. If you'd like to restrict access to your playlist there's an option to make it private.
There are two ways to create a new playlist or add items to an existing one.
- Upon Clip Creation - When you create a clip, you can choose to add it to a playlist by selecting "Add to Playlist" from the dropdown menu. To add to an existing playlist, simply select one from the menu at the bottom of the page, or type into the box and create a new one.
- From the Library - You can add a recording, or clip, to a playlist by selecting it in the Library, and selecting "Add to Playlist" from the More Actions drop-down menu at the top of the page. Select a playlist from the dialog that appears, or type into the box to create a new one, and click "Add."
Once a playlist has been made, you can play/edit/merge/rename it. To play a playlist, simply browse to Library > Playlists, find the playlist, and click the "Play" icon. To access the edit/merge/rename options click the "More Actions" icon (three dots) to the right side of the page.
In the dialog that appears, select your desired action:
- Merge - Once you've selected Merge, you'll be met with a dialog that allows you to choose a title, tags, file format, target quality, and folder. Select your desired settings, and click Merge. Once your playlist has been merged, you can find it under Library > All Clips/My Clips.
- Edit - You can edit playlist items similarly to Library items. Simply select the playlist item, and click either Delete to remove, or More Actions to reveal more options.
- Reorder - To reorder a playlist click select the Edit option then, click the six dot icon to the right of the playlist item, and drag it. Once you're done reordering, click "Save Order" at the top of the page