I received my 4-Channel Encoder from SnapStream. How do I set it up?
To begin setting up your 4-Channel SnapStream Encoder perform the following:
Racking the Machine:
- Locate the sliding rails in the packaging and separate the Left and Right sets.
- Remove the slides from the rails. You will need to use a screwdriver and the provided screws to attach the slides to the encoder.
- Install the rails onto your rack, keeping note of the left and right rails.
- Carefully slide the encoder onto the rails.
Setting up your source (cable box/satellite box):
We recommend the following settings are applied to your (cable box/satellite box). You can plug the box into a TV to access the Settings menu using the supplied remote. For the full list, please visit the article below.
- Turn off any power save settings on the box.
- Lock the resolution to 720p
- Lock the aspect ratio to 16:9
Plugging in your source (cable box/satellite box) into the Encoder:
- Locate the adapter, component, and composite cable(s) in the packaging.
- Plug the ends of the component and composite cables into your cable box.
- Plug the other ends of the component and composite cables into the adapter. Note: There are two right and left audio ends on the adapter. To avoid any confusion, plug in the audio ends that are closer to the composite (yellow) end.
- From behind the Encoder, plug in the adapter's end to the bottom A/V IN port.
- Repeat the steps with your remaining sources.
IR Blasting (if applicable):
If you purchased IR blasting equipment, please follow the steps in the article below on how to set it up.
- Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the Encoder and the other end into your organization's network switch.
- Power on the machine and follow the Network Configuration for SnapStream article to open the necessary ports.
Please let us know once you have an internet connection available to the SnapStream Encoder, and we will assist you with getting it configured to send your sources to your SnapStream Server.
If you need access to the Admin or User level credentials of the encoder, please contact SnapStream Support.
Description of each of the cables responsibilities: