I received my replacement storage drive, how would I go about replacing it?
- Identify the location of the failed drive. A solid red light should appear on the front of the server indicating a failed drive.
- Find and press the release button (maroon colored) on the front right side of the drive carrier.
- Use the handle that pops out to slide the drive carrier out of the system.
- Once the carrier has been removed, you will see that the drive is held in by 2 screws on either side of the carrier. Make note of how the drive is oriented inside the carrier. Then remove those screws.
- Place the new drive onto the carrier, and re-attach the screws to mount the drive to the carrier.
- Once the replacement drive is in the carrier, simply slide the drive back into the slot. Pop the handle back in once the drive carrier is fully slid into place.
The rebuild of the RAID will begin automatically once the new drive is placed. If an auto rebuild does not kick-off contact SnapStream Support.
- A flashing red light indicates a Hot Spare.
- A fast flashing red light indicates a Hot Spare is currently being used to rebuild the failed drive's place.
- The alarm will sound off again until the rebuild is complete. You can silence that alarm by signing into the MegaRAID Storage Manager.
- The rebuild process does take some time to complete. You can view the status of the rebuild in the MegaRAID Storage Manager.