I have received my replacement drive for my SnapStream Encoder, how would I go about replacing it?
To replace the drive you would first need to open the SnapStream Encoder. To do this perform the following:
- While the machine is off, and with a Phillips screwdriver, unscrew the 2 screws on the left and right side of the machine.
- Unscrew the 2 thumbscrews located on the back of the machine.
- Slide the lid towards the back and lift the lid out.
If you received an M.2 replacement drive:
- Locate the defective M.2 drive on the motherboard. It is usually located near the bottom of the board.
- Unscrew the screw with a Phillips screwdriver
- Slide-out the drive and insert the new drive.
- Once the new drive is inserted, carefully screw it in with the existing screw (or replacement screw if provided). Make sure not to make it too tight as this may damage the drive.
If you received a 2.5inch SSD:
- Locate the SSD, it is usually towards the front of the machine.
- Unplug the data and power cables from the SSD.
- Remove the SSD from the machine.
- If the SSD is on a carrier, slide the carrier out and remove the SSD taking note of its orientation.
- If the SSD is screw directly onto the chassis, unscrew it and take note of its orientation.
- Attach the new SSD.
Before putting the lid back on, boot up the machine, and make sure the replacement drive has been detected.
Since the replacement drive is clean with no existing image, you will need to follow up with the SnapStream Support team who will install the OS, existing SnapStream software, and reconfigure your streams.