I have a SnapStream branded 1 Channel Encoder, how do I set it up?
To set up your SnapStream 1-CH Encoder, perform the following:
- Take note of the MAC address located on the 1-CH Encoder. The MAC address' orientation should be similar to this, just with different characters. "00-00-00-AA-BB-CC"
- Plugin the power and Ethernet cable into the 1-CH Encoder. We strongly recommend using a wired connection instead of a wireless connection to avoid any issues.
- From a computer, open up Command Prompt and type in "arp -a". This will give you a list of MAC addresses and their corresponding IPs. Find the MAC address of the 1-CH Encoder and take note of its IP address. If you cannot find the MAC address on the list, have a member from your network team attempt to locate it.
- Enter the IP address into your browser. The username and password to access the 1-CH Encoder's Web GUI are:
- username: admin
- password: snapstream
- You will now see the 1-CH Encoder WebGUI
- The Source tab will give you access to what source you want to use and as well as it's properties. It will also indicate if a source is detected
- The Encoder tab will give you access to Resolution and Framerate properties.
- The Streaming tab will give you access to the endpoint properties which will be used to stream to your SnapStream server.
- The System tab will give you access to the 1-CH Encoder's network settings.
To set up an RTMP stream:
Before you begin, make sure a source is plugged in and active. The encoder cannot save any streaming settings if a source is not alive.
Additionally, have an RTMP endpoint ready. Your SnapStream admin should be able to provide you with one or create one from the SnapStream Server. The endpoint should look similar to this: rtmp://hostname/snapstream/key=GuHebmn7Dvbdv42DxgDbkKJsioBRsv2U
- From the Streaming tab, change the stream type to RTMP.
- Set the Encoder Source to Main Encoder
- For RTMP URL, copy the first half of the RTMP endpoint: rtmp://hostname/snapstream/
- For StreamName 1everything after the / produced by the SS Server. Example: Stream?key=GuHebmn7Dvbdv42DxgDbkKJsioBRsv2U
- Once done, click Start Stream. A full URL will be published which is the same as the RTMP endpoint.
- You can test the stream by opening VLC pressing CTRL+ N and pasting the URL. If done correctly, you should be able to playback your content in VLC.
To playback from your SnapStream Server's WebGUI, the RTMP endpoint will need to be locked to a tuner.
The 1-CH encoder has a single button on its front which has multiple uses.