I received my 4-Channel Encoder from SnapStream. How do I set it up?
To begin setting up your 4-Channel SnapStream Encoder perform the following:
Racking the Machine:
- Locate the sliding rails in the packaging and separate the Left and Right sets.
- Remove the slides from the rails. You will need to use a screwdriver and the provided screws to attach the slides to the encoder.
- Install the rails onto your rack, keeping note of the left and right rails.
- Carefully slide the encoder onto the rails.
Setting up your source (OTA/In-house QAM):
Your sources should be coming in by Over-the-Air antenna or by a QAM Encoder.
Plugging in your source (cable box/satellite box) into the Encoder:
- Locate the coax cable that came with the packaging.
- Plug one end of the coax cable to the coax splitter.
NOTE: Your source should already be cabled so that it has a splitter with enough outputs from the source to provide 1 output per tuning card.
- Plug the other ends of the coax cable to the back of the SnapStream Encoder
- Repeat steps 1-3 if applicable.
(The picture shows a 2-way splitter going into 2 tuner cards on the Encoder.)
- Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the Encoder and the other end into your organization's network switch.
- Power on the machine and follow the Network Configuration for SnapStream article to open the necessary ports.
Please let us know once you have an internet connection available to the SnapStream Encoder, and we will assist you with getting it configured to send your sources to your SnapStream Server.
SnapStream Support will analyze the streams coming from your OTA antenna/QAM Encoder and take note of the available channels.