What should I do to prepare a Verizon QIP 7100 set top box to a SnapStream Encoder?
Please check and adjust the settings below on each Verizon set top box.
- Menu > Settings > System > Set-Top Box > Screen Saver: Set to "No Screen Saver in Standby."
- Menu > Settings > System > Set-Top Box > Sleep Timer: Set to "Never."
- Menu > Settings > System > Television > Auto Tune to HD Channels: set this to "ON."
- Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings > Video Format: Set this to 720p or 1080i
- Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings > SD Override: OFF
***NOTE: This prevents the screen flipping to a 4:3 aspect ratio when going to an SD channel. Turning this OFF will keep the screen locked to the resolution set to the previous setting adjusted and add pillar bars to maintain a 16x9 aspect ratio. Setting this to 480i or 480p can result in occasional disruptions in your recordings.
- Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings > TV Type: 16x9
- Menu > Settings > Notifications > Promotions: Turn these notifications off to prevent Verizon pop up promotions from appearing on the screen during your recordings.
These menu options will likely apply to other Verizon set top box models too!
The attached Remote Control Profile for IR blasting has been known to work with all of the buttons when used with a Repeat Rate of 3.
Applies to Version:
All SnapStream versions.