How do I add a custom watermark to a clip that I created using SnapStream?
A SnapStream Administrator will need to add a custom watermark configuration to use if one does not already exist. To add a watermark configuration, follow the instructions below.
- Sign into the SnapStream WebUI as an administrator, and go to Admin (at the top of the page) > Transcoding (under Settings on the left).
NOTE: If you can't find this page, contact your SnapStream Administrator.
- Click on the Configure Watermarks button at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Add Watermark button, and upload the image file that you would like to use as a watermark. There aren't any restrictions to the image you upload but the image will automatically have a max width/height of 900px while retaining your original aspect ratio. We suggest that your image file have a format of PNG and be no longer than 900px on its longest side.
- Set the fields below to your liking, and click the Save button.
- Watermark Name: A friendly name for easily identification.
- Grant Access to: What SnapStream users will have permission to view and use this watermark.
- Watermark Alpha: This adjusts the transparency level of the watermark.
- Upload Watermark Position: Specifies what corner you want the watermark to appear in.
If your SnapStream system already has a watermark configured for you to use, you can add a watermark while you are creating your clip by following the instructions below.
- Playback content, and mark a clipping start point and end point just like you normally would.
- Click the scissors icon, and choose the option to Clip and Transform
- Select the watermark that you would like to add.
NOTE: If you don't see a Watermark field, you will need to add a Watermark configuration to SnapStream.
- Specify whether you would like to keep the original version of the clip along with the transcoded version that will have your watermark, and click the Clip button.
If your SnapStream system already has a watermark configured for you to use, you can add a watermark to a clip that has already been created by following the instructions below.
- Sign into the SnapStream WebUI, and select the clips you would like to add a watermark to.
- Click the More Actions button > ShowSqueeze.
- Select the Watermark that you would like to use, and click the Submit button.
If you don't see a Watermark option, contact a SnapStream Administrator to have a watermark configured for use.
Applies to Version: