Video is not available and in the Volicon Probe Manager, the encoder log reports the errors "a device attached to the system is not functioning" and "failed to connect filters".
***Please note that the symptoms and solution in this Knowledge Article are directly related to Volicon Probes using the Blackmagic DeckLink Duo 2. If you are experiencing this issue and are not using the Blackmagic DeckLink Duo 2 video card, please contact technical support for assistance.***
This issue is caused by an improperly configured Blackmagic DeckLink Duo 2 video card. To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
1. On the Volicon Probe machine, launch the Blackmagic Desktop Video Setup program. This may be a shortcut on the desktop or depending on the operating system can be found by clicking the Start button in the bottom left corner of your desktop and looking for Blackmagic Design > Desktop Video Setup. If this application is not installed on your system, please contact technical support for information on downloading and installing it.
2. In the Desktop Video Setup program on the first input listed, click the configuration button as highlighted in figure 1 below:
3. Click the Connectors tab:
4. In Connector Mapping, click the drop-down menu for Connector and select the single connector listed. In figure 3, the options are SDI 1 or SDI 1 & SDI 2. You would need to select SDI 1 in this example and then click Save.
5. Next you will need to verify that all inputs on the DeckLink Duo 2 video card are configured in the same way. While still in the Blackmagic Desktop Video Setup program, click the right arrow as highlighted in figure 4 to scroll to the next input and run through the same steps above making sure that each Connector Mapping only has one connector mapped.
6. After mapping the connectors properly, exit out of the Blackmagic Desktop Video Setup program, launch the Volicon Probe Manager as an administrator, right-click the Observer Encoder and select restart service.
Volicon Observer No Video Viewer Blackmagic Decklink Duo 2 Recover Failed Connect Filters