How do I crop to a different aspect ratio when clipping?
This can be done by using our clipping interface (instructions below).
- Playback the recording that you are wanting to clip.
- Mark your clipping start end points in the video, and click the scissors icon just like you normally would when creating a clip.
- Select the option to Clip and Transform from the clipping interface.
- Select the Aspect ratio that you want from the Cropping Type drop down menu.
- Move and/or resize the cropping box to the size and position that you want maintained throughout the video.
- Specify the rest of your clipping options, and click the Clip button.
- Keep Clip: This determines whether you want to keep the original clip that you are creating before it is transformed (transcoded) to the cropped version that you are making.
- File Format, and Quality is for specifying what transcoding settings will be used for the canvas that you are cropping from.
- Folder: Specifies what SnapStream Video folder this clip will be saved.
Wherever you place the cropping box, that position will be maintained throughout the entirety of the cropped version of the clip that you are creating.
Applies to Version:
SnapStream 9.0 and above.